This section provides basic details of community premises or equipment which are available to hire by village organisations or, in some cases, by individuals. Contact details are provided for further enquiries or bookings.
The refurbished building is located on the High Street; it was originally the village school built in the 19th century. It is available to hire for village organisations and private functions such as birthday parties and family celebrations.
There is a mounted TV monitor for showing DVDs, etc. Toilets are accessible for all users and there are baby change facilities.
The hall has a capacity of 45 – 50 for meetings; chairs and tables are available and there is a well equipped kitchen, with crockery and cutlery which can be used subject to appropriate conditions provided on request. There is no licence to sell alcohol but hirers are permitted to bring their own.
There is a sitting out area to the rear and chairs and tables are available on request. Smoking is not allowed either within the Hall or the yard to the rear.
Any damages will need to be covered by the hirer as outlined in the Lettings Agreement.
Access: On street parking only. Grab handles on either side of the front door. Wheelchair access via the back door.
Risk assessment: Accident book and incident log checked regularly. Fire risk assessment in place. Fire extinguishers serviced annually. Emergency lighting checked monthly.
Safeguarding statement on display in hall.
For further information or to book the hall please contact the bookings secretary Eric Pitt on 07746 912015
Reepham & Cherry Willingham Village Hall
This is located on Hawthorn Road on the boundary between the two villages. It has a large hall and other smaller rooms plus kitchen and toilet facilities. It is available for hire by groups or for private functions. For more information or to book the Hall. please contact Malcolm on 07546 579 677.
The Millennium Hall
Premises available for hire by individuals or groups: The Millennium Hall, 16 High Street, Cherry Willingham has one small room for hire.
Costs of hire: As of Sept 2015 costs are £5.50 per hour
Included in the hire charge are the use of two kettles, crockery and cutlery plus two large fold down trestles, one small fold down trestle, one large table, 32 chairs.
The size and layout means the room is only suitable for hire to small groups for meetings and sit down activities. It is not suitable for parties or ‘moving around’ activities eg keep fit classes.
Availability of the premises: Monday to Sunday, 8am to 10.30pm subject to any prior bookings
Terms and conditions: Hall hirers must be covered for their activities by their own insurance. Groups take responsibility for ensuring that, upon leaving, all windows are closed, all portable heaters are switched off and unplugged, that there is a good level of clearance between curtains/chairs and the wall heaters, that taps are switched off, all washing up done, and door locked when they leave.
New bookings will be advised on procedures such as Health & Safety, fire evacuation at or before their first session.
Access: Access statement available. Access is hindered by a doorstep up from pavement into the building. Grab handles on either side of door. We regret that the location of the Hall on the street frontage means that a ramp cannot be installed. There is a toilet but it is not classified as accessible due to space restrictions. On street parking only.
Risk Assessment: Ongoing records kept to show weekly internal checks on items including fire extinguishers and PAT testing of electrical items, as well as annual external checks by qualified personnel. Fire risk assessment in place and reviewed annually.
Alcohol is not allowed and there is no licence to sell alcohol. There is no music licence.
Gazebo available from Cherry Willingham Community Partnership
Please see information and booking document for details.
Cherry Willingham Primary School
Premises available to other groups or individuals to hire - suitable for Meetings and Parties (if children are well supervised)
Hall and Kitchen (by arrangement with school and Children’s Centre)
Mon to Fri 6.00pm – 10.00pm: 1hr £19.45 - 2hrs £23.50 - 3hrs £27.55
Saturday before 10.00pm: 1hr £27.15 -2hrs £31.50 - 3hrs £35.25
Saturday after 10.00pm: 1hr £19.45 - 2hr £23.50
Up to 100 chairs, 8 Dinner tables, lunch time style with seats attached.
Availability: weekday evenings and currently on Saturdays but not Sundays (could be organised on a case by case system depending on caretaker availability)
Parking on adjacent roads
Cherry Willingham Community School - Premises and Facilities to Let
CONTACT: Mica Girling, Assistant Partnership and Community Development Manager, Cherry Willingham Community
Full Terms and conditions for facility use and sample signed facility
user agreement form are available on request as above
Available Premises and Facilities including costs
- SCHOOL HALL (WITH OR WITHOUT STAGE AREA) - £14.50 / £12.00 per hour
- LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE - £18.00 per hour
- DINING HALL - £10.00 per hour
- CLASSROOM - £15.00 per hour
- COMPUTER ROOM – £20.00 per hour
- ART STUDIO- £20.00 per hour
- SPORTS HALL - £22.50 per hour. Can accommodate activities such as Netball, Basketball, Badminton, Volleyball, Cricket, Junior Football (Minimum charge £10.00 e.g. 1 x badminton court off peak)
- THIRD OF THE 3G PITCH-£20.00 Junior/£23.00 Adult per hour (SUMMER £10.00 JUNIOUR/£13 ADULTS)
- OFF PEAK : FULL 3G PITCH- £25.00 Junior/£30.00 Adult per hour
- PEAK : FULL 3G PITCH - £57.00 Junior/£66.00 Adult per hour
- LARGE GRASS FOOTBALL PITCH - £26.00 per match
- JUNIOR GRASS FOOTBALL PITCH - £23.00 per match
- RUGBY/LACROSSE PITCH - £25.00 per match
- OUTDOOR NETBALL COURT - £15.00 per 90 minutes
- MIRRORED DANCE STUDIO - £12.00 per hour
- TENNIS COURT- £7.50 per court
- CRICKET- £25.00 per match/training session
- ROUNDERS PITCH- £12.00 per hour
All school equipment is available for community users to hire and the price is included in the hire costing. All damages will be covered by the hirer as outlined in the lettings T&C’s which are signed by you.
As available in each space: chairs, tables, flip chart stand, projector equipment, computers, display boards, sports equipment, music system and microphones are accessible for no additional charge but hirers will be charged for any damages. All on the condition that:
- hirers accept responsibility for the use of the facility and resources being allocated to them and
- will not abuse or misuse the resources they use and
- any damages will incur a fine being charged for costs of repair or replacement
Meetings, activities and events are all assessed following a lettings protocol to assess suitability of the event. This includes:
- Activity type
- Number of visitors
- Financial and Logistical viability assessed
- Access requirements judged
- Users responsibility considered
- Potential staffing considered
- Suitability of the activity made
- Suitability of users assessed
- Number of people per space requested considered
- Equipment to be used or brought on site
- Time of the day
- Impact on school Positive VS Negative
- Community relations weighting (not always pure financial decision e.g. youth club)
- Decision Made YES OR NO decision (If no inform booking requester) In writing
- Risk Assessment- Risk assessments written for all letting spaces
- Depending on the activity at on additional risk notes i.e. Equipment usage
- Inform/Confirmation of booking
Closed bank holidays
Terms and conditions
Specialised risk assessments are needed for large scale events. All other lettings are covered under our internal risk assessments and operating procedures. We operate:
• No smoking/e-cigarettes policy
• No dogs on site policy
• No Alcohol
There is clear access throughout the premises in the evenings.
During school times security measures are in place to safeguard all.
Toilets accessible including disabled toilets available in each building.
We have an up to date risk assessment and the school business manager with the support of the premises team manage the gas servicing, fire extinguisher servicing and CO2 and smoke alarms. These are regularly checked as per the health and safety policy.
There 57 parking spaces to the front of the school overflow car park at the rear with space for a further 40 cars and tennis courts which can be used for large events as back up parking. Availability will depend on other users of the premises at the same time.