Cherry Willingham Heritage Society
Motto: “Residents researching & recording village history”
We are always looking for volunteers (Volunteering opportunities) who are interested in doing this for a particular aspect of the village’s past.
The aims of the Cherry Willingham Heritage Society
- To investigate, study, conserve, publicise and enhance the historical and archaeological heritage of the parish of Cherry Willingham, Lincolnshire for the benefit of the local community and the wider public interest.
- To encourage the participation of all members of the local community, including children and young people, in understanding and enjoying the heritage of the village and district.
- To develop the knowledge and skills of members for investigation, analysis and recording of heritage and archaeological studies.
- To develop relationships with appropriate national and local heritage organisations.
- To support County, District and Parish Councils in the management, maintenance and preservation of public heritage sites located within the village.
We hold periodic open meetings usually with an invited expert speaker and special events/trips. Individual members undertake research into specific aspects of the villages history and heritage. We produce a periodic newsletter and maintain a web-site. We work with young people through the village schools.
We are members of the British Association for Local History (http://www.balh.co.uk) and have links with the Society for Lincolnshire History & Archaeology (http://www.slha.org.uk) and Heritage Lincolnshire (http://lincsheritage.org/)