Witham Valley Access Group
Who are we?
We are a group of residents from Cherry Willingham, Fiskerton and Reepham.
What do we want to do?
- Promote safe walking, cycling and horse riding in the area and improve the public footpath/bridleway network around local villages, including links to the South of the River Witham.
- Encourage exercise by providing local residents with circular walks and enhancing existing networks.
- Connect communities.
What are our current objectives?
- Establish a bridleway to give access to the River Witham. We will be applying for grants and fundraising for a bridge once the land has been purchased.
- Provide safe footpaths to Greetwell and Fiskerton alongside Fiskerton Rd.
- Connect Green Lane to Hawthorn Road.
When do we meet?
- We meet once a month, usually on a Monday or Tuesday evening,in the Cherry Tree Pub or the Millennium Hall, Cherry Willingham.
- Anyone is welcome to our meetings, to offer their experience of walking, cycling or horse riding on Publics Rights of Way in this area.
What can we offer?
- We have leaflets to offer showing routes and maps of local walks and cycle rides in this area to be undertaken on a self-led basis.
- Leaflets are handed out at local events, but can be emailed if requested.
- Eventually we hope to have the facilities to download them.
Do we need Volunteers?
Yes, for the Village Gala and any other local events such as the Heritage Society Day to:
- Talk to residents about the existing Rights of Way and what our aims are.
- Hand out leaflets for walking and cycling routes which they can undertake at their leisu re.
- Help with "Welly-wanging" or similar as part of the Gala.